Vampire Bites: Recipes and Giveaway
Top 10 Signs You’re a True Blood Foodie
10) Every time you watch the opening theme song, you imagine those kids are enjoying a big bowl of roasted beets
9) You wanted to join Sookie in a bite of Adele’s pecan pie
8) All that gorgeous fresh fruit at Maryann’s place would be enough to make you stick around.
7) You’ve never made Southern food before, but the Season 2 finale seemed like a good day to make gumbo
6) A piping hot plate of Lettie Mae’s hoecakes would bring a smile to your face as big as Tara’s
5) You’ve Googled to see if Merlotte’s menu is online
4) You’ve dreamt about being a vampire. It sounds so cool except for the fact that you’d never be able to eat food again.
3) You wonder if there’s a way to make Maryann’s Hunter Souffle with something other than what she used.
2) You’d travel to Bon Temps for a taste of Lafeyette’s truly Southern creations
1) You’re already planning your menu for the True Blood Season 3 Premiere – or you want to start now!
Welcome to the party! Cara from Cara’s Craving’s and I have been dreaming this up ever since we discovered our shared love of True Blood. Since we both love cooking and blogging too, and wanted to team up for a fun blogging event, we figured, True Blood would be the perfect theme! We couldn’t decide between a RECIPE ROUNDUP or a GIVEAWAY, so we’re doing BOTH!
So, how’s this gonna work? Well, first of all we want to know what YOU would make in honor of the upcoming Season 3 premiere on June 13th. This is your chance to be creative! Think of your favorite scene or character – does it involve food? Hint hint, I just gave you some ideas. Or maybe you’ll come up with a dish or use an ingredient inspired by your favorite vampire or mortal.
But what if I’ve never seen the show and still want to play? No problem! Maybe you have a favorite blood-red drink or dish, or just something horrifyingly gory looking. Or, play up to the Southern roots of this story and use this chance to share your favorite Southern fare. The possibilities are endless!
And what about that GIVEWAY? This will excite you whether you’re already a True Blood enthusiast, or a newbie ready to give up your first bite. At the end of the RECIPE ROUNDUP after the True Blood Season 3 Premiere on June 13th, we’ll be giving away a DVD copy of Season 1.
Here’s what you need to know: The RECIPE ROUNDUP is taking place here at Yumventures while the GIVEAWAY is at Cara’s Cravings. But you must show us both some love to play! There are many ways to enter:
1) Leave a comment on Cara’s Cravings saying why you’d like to win.
2) Leave a comment here with your idea for a True Blood-inspired recipe and leave a comment on Cara’s Cravings saying that you did.
3) Actually make and photograph your idea and submit it to me! This earns you THREE extra entries! Leave three separate comments here saying that you did.
4) Tweet about the giveaway and leave a comment about that too.
A winner will be chosen at random at midnight on Monday, June 14th, the day after the True Blood Season 3 premiere.